Sunday, September 28, 2008

Call Backs


On Friday the 29th of August, I made a copy of the songs for call backs so the students could learn them over the long weekend. Call backs were held on Wednesday, September 3rd. There were 12 students that came, hoping for a lead part. [I considered the following parts as leads: Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, Snoopy, Schroeder, Sally, because they were the 6 characters that the show was written for. So, they each had a solo song, and many speaking parts.]

The show that I was familiar with in 1990, was written for Patty instead of for Sally, but I decided to try the new 'revised' version, this time. After we had had the original auditions and had handed parts out for the call backs, my piano players complained of the difficulty of the music, so, I called the company and asked to exchange this version for the original version. By doing that it changed the show, especially the parts of Sally and Schroeder, but I went ahead with call backs as planned.

I arranged to give several lines and a solo part in a song to each one that was brave enough to want a lead part. The only ones that didn't have a solo were the ones that said they only wanted speaking parts. I was pretty happy about how evenly the parts were divided.

We had 23 students in all that tried out for a part and we decided that we would include everyone, therefore had 23 characters.

No comments: